Registration for our Spring NFL Flag football teams will begin New Years Day, January 1st. Divisions for 8U, 10U, and 13U players will be offered. See below for information on the program. Click the "Login" or "Register" links at the top right of the page to begin the registration process and join the Bengal Family!
We will focus on fielding teams that allow us to build skills and have fun.
Information on NFL Flag
General information on NFL Flag can be found at www.nflflag.com. The Strong Center will be represented by our red and black as the Cardinals.
The breakdown specifically is as follows:
- 5 VS 5 NON-CONTACT FORMAT (Please note that our 7 on 7 program is separate from spring flag)
- CO-ED TEAMS
- Maximum 10 players per team (teams will be determined based on registration but will change week to week to enhance play)
- ONE 90 MINUTE WEEKNIGHT PRACTICE: First practice will begin on Tuesday, March 19th and for the first two (2) weeks will be Tuesday and Thursday. Thereafter, will only be on Tuesday night with Friday night games at FVES. All practices will be held at FVES.
- 6 FRIDAY NIGHT GAMES
- A TWO GAME Minimum TOURNAMENT will be hold on Saturday, May 25th with Greater Cleveland at West Johnston High School.
REGISTRATION FEE INCLUDES
- All games will be held at Fuquay-Varina Elementary School for a fun local friday night series of games.
- Reversible NFL jersey (see Jersey Size Chart)
- Free USA Football membership and insurance.
Any player that wants to improve their skills in football and have fun is encouraged to join us! Divisions for 6-8, 9-10 & 11-13 (co-ed) is now available for registration.
What does the season look like?
- Registration will open Tuesday, New Years Day, January 1st. (Please disregard any references to "tryout", this program will field teams based on maximum team capacity of 10 players per team on first sign up basis)
- We are set to begin practices on March 19 (6-7:30pm, Fuquay-Varina Elementary School)
- For the first week, we will practice for 2 days with the 7 on 7 teams—Tuesday & Thursday. The second week, we will practice on Tuesday.
- Games will begin tentatively April 5th and will take place each Friday evening. Game times are 6:15 or 7:05 each Friday.
- The flag football season is expected to end with a 2-game tournament on May 25th.
NFL Flag Rules can be downloaded here. 2017-regular-season-rulebook.pdf
What are the Costs?
The total cost for participation will be $60. This price includes an NFL jersey and a mouthpiece. Cleats and black shorts are all that's needed from the player to participate.