FALL 2023 Football is expected to be a TRYOUT FORMAT (10U and 12U) due to the increasing demand for our program.
2023 Registration Information
Registration will open Super Bowl Sunday -- February 12, 2023
Notes for 2023:
- Weight limit rules for 2023:
- Mini-mites (8U) 105 lbs weight limit +20 lbs. Overweight Allowance (OWA)
- Mighty-mites (10U) 125 lbs weight limit +40 lbs. OWA
- Pee Wee (12U) 150 lbs weight limit & Unlimited weight OWA
- 14U At-Large Team Unlimited weight
- The Overweight Allowance (OWA) participation in game play will be limited to five (5) players for each team (i.e. offense, defense).
- OWA players may not participate in special teams and may not participate outside of the tackle positions.
- An official DMV Photo ID will be required for age verification of all players in the EWFL. Passports or Military IDs are also acceptable for age verification.
- The Strong Center intends to host a pre-season jamboree, which is tentatively scheduled for August 19th.
- The Strong Center Youth Football organization will have practices on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays through the regular season.
- Practices will begin July 31.
All interested youth athletes ages 6-14 are eligible for registration in the program. The registration fee schedule is as follows:
|| $275 per season
(payment plans available)
|($25 is paid at registration as a tryout fee)|
||$10 Game day Snack Fee
$20 Game video access via Hudl
$25 Late Fee
|Pays for halftime drinks/snacks for the entire season
Optional -- Provides users with Hudl access for reviewing game video
Late fee applies to registrations after June 1st
||$25 discount per additional player||Must register both players at the same time.|
||Tryout fee is fully refundable if requested before tryouts begin (May 8, 2023)
Tryout fee is non-refundable after May 8, 2023
Remaining registration fees are fully refundable until June 1
Registration fees are refundable minus the $25 tryout fee and a $100 equipment fee until July 31
Registration fees are not refundable after July 31
Scholarships are available directly through The Strong Center. Scholarship applicants must fill out the scholarship form on the "Families" tab of the website. Coach Strong has said “if there is a child that wants to play, we will find a way.” Players that can show a need for financial assistance to play in the program will be considered for a scholarship. Please complete The Player Scholarship Form and return it to The Strong Center for consideration.
The Strong Center will field teams in the East Wake Football League with a target goal of 25 players per team (35 for 8U - Mini Mite). The 3 divisions to be fielded will be as follows:
|Jr. Tackle Football|
||At least 6 years old and under 9 years old*||(weight limit of 105 lbs. + 20 lbs. OWA)|
|What is Junior Tackle Football? Click here.|
||Under 11 years old*||(weight limit of 125 lbs. + 40 lbs. OWA)|
||Under 13 years old*||(weigh limit of 150 lbs. + Unlimited weight OWA)|
||Under 15 years old*||Unlimited weight|
|* Age is determined as of August 1st of the current season.|
To register each young athlete for the fall season, please click the "Register" link at the top or bottom of the page. After entering each participant into the Blue Sombrero system, the registration links should appear in your "Available Programs" list.
Note: Official EWFL rules for the upcoming season are released June 1, so information is subject to change until that date.